Sunday, July 26, 2009

Fruits of our Labor...... literally


Today we just went out and took photos of our garden. It is so hot and humid here at the moment that you can't stay out for too long.



We went to our Vegetable garden and picked tonights dinner (well the veggie portion anyway)We have lettuce too but didn't take a photo of it.... my bad). There are figs, a pear, persimmons, Graffitti eggplant, tomatoes, basil and mint in this display. Actually we were just having fun arranging the Veggies/fruits and taking the photos. The mint we will use in a Mojito Mmmmmmmmm

SKINKS


While out in the front garden I spotted this little guy. They are Skinks. You see them scurrying across the front porch all the time. We sat and watched two of them chase each other around the driveway. Their tails are bright blue so if a predator catches them, it breaks off. They always startle me when I am watering the yard as they climb up the side of the wall or scurrying across the front porch but they are cute.

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Home Grown tomatoes are the best!!! And oh how I miss mojitos!, Drink one for me =]

Dan and Ger said...

We will indeed Chelsea..... have two or three for you!

Ger

Melissa said...

i agree with the homegrown tomato comment from chelsea...THE BEST!

I really kike these pictures!

Melissa said...

haha like I mean.